Photos or it Didn't Happen
Posted on May 31 2018
There’s no denying it. Pictures are a huge part of your special day!
We know that being in front of the camera doesn’t come naturally to all of us! So we’ve accumulated some tips & tricks to help you look and feel your best when the photo op begins! After reading the tips & tricks continue scrolling for popular Instagram photographers. There Instagram feeds are a great place to gather inspiration from or maybe even hire for your special day!
Tips & Tricks
- Comfort is Key. The goal of a picture is to capture YOU. Make sure you’re comfortable with your hair, makeup, and outfit. It will show! If you’re not read tip number four.
- Lighting is everything. The “golden hour” is no joke. Plan your special event pictures around this! I know it sounds extra, but this will help you capture the perfect moments. “The golden hour is roughly the first hour of light after sunrise, and the last hour of light before sunset, although the exact duration varies between seasons. During these times the sun is low in the sky, producing a soft, diffused light which is much more flattering than the harsh midday sun that so many of us are used to shooting in.” (photographymad.com)
- Props for Days. Honestly, hand placement and stances can be AWKWARD. So have a few props to put in your hands or things tp pose around so that the pictures and postures look more natural! Youtuber Aspyn Ovard swears by this tip.
- Practice makes Perfect. We are not all natural born models! Stand in front of the mirror and pose! If it’s a special event you’re taking photos for, do your hair and makeup the same as you would for that event and put on the same outfit. Then look in the mirror and see what angles you like and what poses make you feel the best! Practice your faces so that you can see what they look like. Maybe even have a friend or hunny snap a few Iphone photos of you so that you get an idea of what you’re working with. This may sound strange, but I promise you it will make all the difference in the world.
- Get to know your photographers. Meet with your photographers ahead of time! Maybe once.. Maybe twice… maybe as many times as you need to feel comfortable. We all have those little things that we like and don’t like about ourselves! Don’t hesitate to tell your photographers about your good side and your favorite angles or maybe something you want them to avoid capturing. Not only will this help you feel more comfortable with yourself and the photographer, it will help the pictures turn out better too!
Popular Instagram Photographers
Now who's ready to rock that photo shoot?